This subject is part of an integrated set of five commerce and business culture subjects. Students would select any 4 of the 5 subjects and take them at a partner institution in a country other than their home country. The subject material for this subject is comprised of the basic language structures of the foreign country which are taught on the basis of situational topics with an emphasis on developing aural and oral skills. Elements of the foreign culture are studied in the context of the topics and students, in addition to learning the elements of the foreign language, will be required to demonstrate an appreciation and understanding of elements of the foreign culture in terms of business marketing practices of the foreign economy. Students taking this subject will normally have completed the foundation subjects of the Bachelor of Business.
No offerings have been identified for this subject in 2019.
School of Management and Marketing
Only available to students choosing to study at a CSU partner institution in a country other than their home country.
- Understand the basics of pronunciation and intonation of their chosen foreign language;
- Understand their chosen foreign language as spoken in a variety of specific situations;
- Demonstrate a basic competency in oral expression with topics studies;
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the socio-linguistic rules relating to social conduct in situations studied;
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of how differences in culture between the studentís home country and their foreign location impact upon business marketing practices in their chosen foreign location.
- Correct pronunciation and intonation patterns associated with the studentís chosen foreign language;
- Language functions based on a wide variety of everyday contact situations in the studentís chosen foreign location;
- Individual and group research in the studentís chosen foreign location to investigate how cultural differences in the studentís home culture impact upon business marketing practices in the foreign culture.
For any enquiries about subject selection or course structure please contact Student Central or firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 1800 275 278.
For further information about Charles Sturt University, or this course offering, please contact info.csu on 1800 334 733 (free call within Australia) or enquire online.
The information contained in the 2019 CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: September 2018. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.