This subject contains a 40 days Compulsory Workplace Learning component.
Clinical practicum component
Upon successful completion of the practicum component of this subject, students should:
- Be able to discuss the complexities of clinical practice.
- Be able to demonstrate appropriate verbal and written communication strategies.
- Be able to demonstrate appropriate professional behaviour.
- Be able to maintain a portfolio identifying their learning during their practicum experiences and relate these experiences to theoretical (university based) learning.
- Be able to plan and conduct appropriate procedures in a setting of moderate supervision
- Achieve a satisfactory rating for all competencies listed in the clinical assessment manual for this level.
- Be able to apply appropriate ethical and legal standards
- Be able to understand the importance of due care and diligence
- Be able to recognise the factors influencing patients? responses to illness.
- Be able to understand the relevant regulatory and legislative framework
- Be able to demonstrate command and application of radiation safety principles in the clinical setting