The main thrust of this subject is to analytically discuss social policy making processes and to develop social policy practice skills. Particularly, it will emphasise the role of social workers in policy making processes. Topics addressed include policy processes at the three levels of government; policy making models; social policy analysis frameworks and factors which influence them; policy implementation and evaluation; social policy practice skills and social workers' social policy vision.
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Restricted to students in the following courses:
Bachelor of Social Work
1. The Australian state and changing profile of certain population groups
2. Players who matter in the policy making process: Whose interest do they represent?
3. Policy making models/ frameworks
4. Social policy analysis frameworks
5. Social policy implementation and evaluation
6. Case studies: social policy making processes
7. Social policy practice knowledge and skills
8. Social workers' social policy vision
The information contained in the CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: May 2019. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.