This subject contains a 6 day Compulsory Residential School.
The residential school helps to develop the student's ability to assess the sensory features of a wide range of wines through tutored tastings given by an industry specialist.
- Compare wine sensory features across a range of countries of origin, styles and qualities with reference, where relevant, to systems of quality assessment and assurance used in Europe.
- Extend the student's ability to assess Australian wine by examination of wine styles and varieties that are not presented in the subject WSC510 Sensory Science or equivalent.
- Develop the student's awareness of wine faults and taints.
- Develop the student's experience of judging wine quality and of using the Australian wine show system of scoring.
- Assessment of the student's ability to judge wine quality.
The 6 day residential school requirement is completed with a 3 day attendance at the mid year residential schools and with a further 3 days attendance at the mid session 2 residential school period.