This subject introduces the principles of research methodology as relevant to the health sciences. It examines the context of research in professional practice in the healthcare field, and will equip students with the basic research skills necessary for their continuing professional education. The subject considers concepts in both qualitative and quantitative research methodology, the critical appraisal of literature in science and healthcare, and includes basic statistical concepts and methods.
School of Dentistry and Health Sciences
- The scientific method and research process,
- Research planning,
- Research designs (qualitative and quantitative),
- Data collection techniques,
- Ethics in research,
- Sourcing health and scientific literature,
- Report writing and referencing,
- Descriptive and inferential statistics,
- Dissemination and critical evaluation of research
The following table summarises the assessment tasks for the online offering of HLT330 in Session 1 2019. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated and can also differ to suit the mode of study (online or on campus).
The information contained in the CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: July 2020. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.