This subject will introduce students to issues, principles, and practices within the psychology of ageing. Biological, social, and psychological issues that are part of the normal ageing process will be addressed. Life transitions, changing family structures, social services, ageing and mental disorders, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation strategies will be highlighted.
Students should note that this subject does not contribute to an Australian Psychological Society accredited major in psychology.
School of Psychology
Not available to Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) or Bachelor of Psychology students.
- theories and research methods
- successful ageing
- physical, sensory and psychological changes with age
- disease disability and health care
- changes in cognition and memory
- personality and psychological disorders
- family and social relations
- life transitions and dying
The information contained in the CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: January 2020. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.