ITC515 Professional Programming Practice (8)
This subject explores and analyses the four main aspects of professional programming practice, namely: teamwork, version control, testing, and debugging. The subject establishes key concepts and techniques related to the production of quality software.
This subject explores teamwork and the issues surrounding online teams; the application of version control and testing techniques and best practices; and it analyses the principles and application of debugging.
+ Subject Availability Modes and Location
|Internal||CSU Study Centre Melbourne|
|Internal||CSU Study Centre Sydney|
|Distance||Wagga Wagga Campus|
Continuing students should consult the SAL for current offering details: ITC515|
Where differences exist between the Handbook and the SAL, the SAL should be taken as containing the correct subject offering details.
|Duration ||Grading System ||School: |
|One session||HD/FL||School of Computing and Mathematics|
Not available to students who have completed ITC205 Professional Programming Practice.|
|Incompatible subject(s)||Related subject(s)|
|ITC205 ||ITC205 Similar Content |
|Upon successful completion of this subject, students should:|
- be able to demonstrate autonomy, expert judgement, adaptability, and responsibility in applying specialised and technical knowledge and skills in the use of version control systems as part of professional programming practice;
- be able to synthesise complex information regarding the purpose and limitations of software testing in order to generate, design and implement an appropriate suite of software tests to support the complete system development life cycle;
- be able to critically analyse software programs and apply theories of debugging together with specialised and technical skills to generate solutions to complex debugging problems;
- be able to work effectively in a team environment.
|The subject will cover the following topics:|
- Introduction and Overview: the need for quality software, quality frameworks, code standards.
- Teamwork as part of your professional programming practice.
- Version Control: basic principles and mechanisms of version control. Use of version control in team settings.
- Software Testing: testing throughout the software development lifecycle. User acceptance, unit, integration, and system testing.
- Debugging: principles and techniques of scientific debugging.
The information contained in the 2017 CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: 13 December 2016. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.