B.Sc.Psych.(Hons.), M.Psychol.(Clin.), (University of NSW)
PositionSenior Lecturer, School of Psychology
Phone/Faxwork(02) 6338 4352
Elizabeth Murrell is a Clinical Psychologist who specialises in adult mental health. Elizabeth completed her undergraduate (Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Honours) and postgraduate clinical (Master of Psychology, Honours) training at the University of New South Wales.
She has been a Clinical Psychologist since 1987 and a Senior Lecturer in Clinical Psychology (part-time and full-time) since 1995. She has worked in specialist anxiety disorders and compulsive gambling treatment units, a University-based psychology clinic, and most recently as a Senior Clinical Psychologist in a rural psychiatric hospital.
In addition to clinical practice, Elizabeth has been involved in the teaching and supervision of other Psychologists since 1984.
- Psychological testing and assessment
- Clinical psychology (fourth year and Masters)
- Adult mental health
- Field placement co-ordination (Masters and Doctorate)
- Clinical practice supervision
- Clinically-relevant research supervision
- Self-injurious behaviour
- Training in clinical psychology
- Anxiety disorders
- Major mental illness
- Rural practice
I have supervised a variety of clinically-relevant research projects for fourth year and Masters (clinical) students. These have included projects on childhood and adult anxiety disorders, psychosis, adolescent and adult depression, alcohol use and abuse, and self-injury.
- Charles Sturt University Competitive Grant - 2003 - Beliefs about the causes and functions of self-injurious behaviour. In collaboration with Dr Tanya Covic and Dr Steven Cumming.
- Full Registration with the New South Wales Psychologists Registration Board
- Full Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Committee Member and past Secretary of the Western Region Branch of the Australian Psychological Society
- Member of the Austrailan Association for Cognitive & Behavioural Therapies (AACBT) and have previously served on the executive Committee of the NSW Branch
- Member of the Anxiety Practitioners’ Network