Find information for:


Popular topics:

How do I add publications and creative works to MyResearch?

As of 1st September 2014, submission of research outputs for reporting purposes (HERDC, ERA, and the internal Creative Works register) needs to be made through the MyResearch interface. Records submitted via MyResearch will be transferred to CRO for public showcasing and made open access where copyright permits. Guidance on submitting is available from the MyResearch > Publications - Support pages, and further details can be obtained from your local designated MyResearch Publications contact.

View more on this topic...

What do I need to know about publishing my research and where can I get support?

Library Faculty Liaison staff can help you:

  • find metrics information including journal impact factors
  • locate relevant peer reviewed journals in your subject area
  • learn about Excellence in Research Australia (ERA), its implications and implementation
  • find publishers policies with respect to open access, and institutional repository deposit
  • select, modify and create EndNote styles for individual journals
  • use CSU Research Output (CRO) to record and promote your research.

You can also view information regarding quality assurance & peer review information, including predatory publishers.

View more on this topic...

What is a PhD by Publication?
The PhD by Publication targets established researchers who do not already hold a doctoral level qualification. It provides a mechanism for the formal recognition of standing within a field, on the basis of a significant, historical record of academic publication at doctoral standard. During the program, the candidate must develop a thesis for examination comprising an integrated body of their published work that demonstrates both a capacity for independent research and a significant, original, scholarly contribution to knowledge. View more on this topic...
Where can I find funding opportunities?
Research Professional is an online database of research funding opportunities and research policy and practice news.  A subscription enables you to search for available content and set up email alerts to stay informed on new funding opportunities and news articles. View more on this topic...
What do I need to know about ARC / NHMRC / OLT Applications for 2014?
Building on the very successful model used to support high quality submissions to these premier schemes, an Expression of Interest (EOI) process has been introduced for all applications to ARC, NHMRC and OLT schemes. This will help flag applicants and to manage and support application development. View more on this topic ...
What are operating funds and how can HDR candidates use them?
Operating funds refers to Maintenance/ Resources or Operating allowances or funds for Higher Degree by Research (HDR) and may be made available from the following sources:-

1.1 Externally funded scholarships where the funding body determines the amount to be made available (eg CRC Scholarships), as part of an Australian Postgraduate Award, Industry (APA(i))

1.2 The Research Office provides funding (determined on an annual basis) for Government-funded research students for a maximum period of two years for a FT Masters candidate and three and a half years for a FT Doctoral candidate or their PT equivalent (4 or 7 sessions).

 View more on this topic ...
What resources are available to early career researchers?

An online resource has been developed to assist early career researchers who are starting out, which aims to:

  • help clarify your goals & priorities
  • enable you to work more effectively
  • assist you to develop an awareness of strategies that link your teaching and research

View online resource...


The Research Office monthly Bulletin brings together a range of information from across the CSU Research Community: