CSU Regional Archives' collection of private papers and non-government records began life in 1973 as the Special Riverina Collection in the library of the former Riverina College of Advanced Education.
The Collection comprises of archives from local and regional businesses, community organisations, agricultural and pastoral organisations, religious agencies, interest groups, politicians and individuals.
Our Regional Records Online Guide offers researchers both a comprehensive and accessible guide to our holdings of private archives. The Guide provides a consolidated overview of the record group of each agency and sets out the series, date range of the agency (if known), date range of the records and quantities held, including lengths of processed collections.
The Guide also highlights some of the more interesting agencies we hold records for, by providing agency histories or biographical details. The agencies are grouped into fifteen broad categories, with some cross-referencing where agencies fall over two categories.
- Academics, Artists, Researchers and Writers
- Agricultural, Employer, Labour and Professional Agencies
- Artistic and Cultural Agencies
- Businesses and Professionals
- Community Agencies
- Educational and Research Agencies
- Emergency Service Agencies
- Interest and Pressure Groups
- Media Agencies
- Medical Agencies
- Personal and Families
- Politicians and Political Parties
- Religious Agencies
- Sport, Leisure and Recreational Agencies