CSU Regional Archives fulfils an in-house function to the University that entails managing records determined to be State Archives from the various sections, divisions, faculties and schools within the University. This also includes State Archives from the University's precursor institutions.
Some of our University Archives may be searched for within State Records NSW's on-line catalogue 'Archives Investigator' or their new search tool, which are accessed through their Collection Search Page.
For other information relating to University records, please see the Records Management website.
Staff of Charles Sturt University who wish to deposit University records with the Archives should first contact us or the University Records Manager. General advice on procedures for archiving or disposing of records can be found on the Records Management website.
Please note that it is the responsibility of the Regional Archives to carry out routine destruction of University records in accordance with legislation and guidelines as outlined by the State Records Authority of New South Wales. Under the NSW State Records Act 1998, universities are defined as 'public offices' and made subject to the requirements of the Act.
Boxes are available from COS (item code BOAR4052) or currently from Bathurst Stores (ext. 84160).
When packing records for transport to the Archives, please remember to:
- Refrain from separating the original order of records.
- Remove paper clips, pins and metal fastenings from the records where possible. Records should also be removed from lever arch folders or binders and bundled up with cotton string.
- All boxes must be securely fastened and individually numbered and correctly addressed.
- Ensure a complete list of the records has been created and accompanies the boxes with the transfer.
- It is highly desirable that an electronic list is also provided.
- Please note on the box or container list any records that are deemed "important", and keep a copy of the box list in your records for future reference.
Staff of the University may request the temporary return of deposited records from their section via email or telephone (ext. 34590).
Records can either be picked up at our Search Room on Wagga's South Campus or sent through the University's internal mail service.
When requesting a file, please supply the box number, file number and file name, if known.