What is the Research Management Committee?
Led by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) and comprising experienced researchers and research leaders from all Faculties and campuses, the Research Management Committee is the primary body responsible for:
- overseeing the implementation of the Univerity Research Plan;
- promoting the development of research and research culture, in all disciplines of the University;
- monitoring the performance and impact of University Centres for Research;
- developing research related policy and programs for central implementation or consideration by Faculties and Centres;
- a large number of other research and research training related functions.
The Research Management Committee is a committee of the Senate. The composition and terms of reference of the Committee are included in the Academic Manual.