Associate & Sub-Deans (Research)
Assoc Prof Margaret Woodward
|02 6933 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Prof Mark Morrison
|02 6338 email@example.com|
|Prof Frank Marino
Faculty of Education
|02 6338 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Dr Gayle Smythe
|02 6051 email@example.com|
Responsibilities of Associate & Sub-Deans (Research)
- Work with the Directors of Research Centres, Research Groups, and School Committees to enhance research culture, grant applications, publications, and accreditation processes.
- Actively serving on Research Advisory Committee and participating in developing university-wide research priorities and strategies and feeding these back to Faculties.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the Faculty's strategic research plan in conjunction with all members of the Faculty Research Committee.
- Take an active role in the administration of research related issues within the Faculty including chairing Faculty Research Committee, being involved in the grant evaluation processes and preparing annual reports.
- Act as brokers, in conjunction with Centre Directors and Heads of School, to put together transdisciplinary and disciplinary teams to address selected problems
- Develop and maintain a database of research interests and strengths within the Faculty including those undertaking higher degrees.
- Meet individually with staff to develop appropriate strategies to assist them with obtaining research grants and publishing, particularly early career researchers.
- Communicate/advertise current research-related events across the Faculty.
- Identify annually "Problem Focussed Research Groupings" within and across the Faculties.
- Liase with the Research Office on a regular basis about research grant opportunities through the various databases.
- Work with all staff to encourage and facilitate them to register their research interests in the research funding database.
- Encourage, mentor and support staff to apply for research grants in collaboration with Senior staff in Research Centres and Heads of Schools.
- Provide feedback on research grants.