Members Quick finder:
- Click here for Higher Degree Research Students
Dr Muhuddin Anwar
BScAgr, MScAgr, PhD
Position Senior Research Agronomist (Climate Modeller) & Adjunct Senior Lecturer
Location NSW Department of Primary Industries, Pine Gully Road, Wagga Wagga, NSW 2650, Australia
Phone (02) 6938 1993
Fax (02) 6938 1809
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Anwar has over 20 years experience specialising in assessing Crop Production, Nutrient Management, Climatic Risk and Environmental Sustainability, Agricultural Systems Simulation and Climate Change. In 1987, he started as an Agricultural Extension Officer (World Bank project) and since then has undertaken several client services roles including research in developing and developed countries like India, New Zealand, Japan, and now in Australia.
Anwar is currently involved in quantification of farmer’s management options, agricultural systems simulation and climate change adaptation for NSW.
- Climate Change adaptation research in agricultural systems of NSW.
- Research on climate adapted perennial-based farming systems for dryland agriculture in Southern Australia (project funded by NCCARF (National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility) and Future Farm Industries Cooperative Research Centre (FFI CRC))
- Climate variability and future climate projection
- Agriculture simulation
- Member of ICASA (International Consortium for Agricultural Systems Application)
- Anwar's research interests include, cropping system modelling, management of climate risks including efficiencies in agricultural production systems and climate change adaptation.
Anwar MR, O'Leary G, Rab A, Fisher P and Armstrong R (2009). Advances in precision agriculture in south-eastern Australia. V. Effect of seasonal conditions on wheat and barley yield response to applied nitrogen across management zones. Crop and Pasture Science 60, 901-911.
Anwar MR, Rodriguez D, De Li Liu, Power, S and O'Leary G (2008). Quality and potential utility of ENSO-based forecasts of spring rainfall and wheat yield in South Eastern Australia. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research 59, 112-126.
Anwar MR, O'Leary G, McNeil D, Hossain H and Nelson R (2007). Climate change impact on rainfed wheat in Southeastern Australia. Field Crop Research 104, 139–147.
Anwar MR, Redden B, Brand J and O'Leary G (2007). Integrating seasonal climate forecasts with crop simulation models for chickpea yield prediction. Chapter 28, in Chickpea Breeding and Management [Eds S. S. Yadav, R. Redden, W. Chen and B. Sharma], Pages 448, ISBN: 9781845932138 , CABI, UK, Springer, USA.
Takahashi S and Anwar MR (2007). Wheat grain yield, phosphorus uptake and soil phosphorus fraction after 23 years of annual fertilizer application to an Andosol. Field Crops Research 101, 160-171.