Members Quick finder:
- Click here for Higher Degree Research Students
BSc(Agriculture) (CSU), BSc(Hons) (CSU)
Position Graduate Officer
Location NSW Department of Primary Industries, Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute, Woodbridge Rd, Menangle
Now working as a Graduate Officer with NSW DPI working in the field of greenhouse horticulture research, David obtained the majority of his theoretical knowledge during his time at Charles Sturt University, Wagga, and his practical research skills whilst undertaking internship and honours programs with EH Graham Centre researchers from NSW DPI and CSU.
David’s primary interest is in addressing global food security issues through research in Australia as well as in developing countries. This was part of his rationale for undertaking his honours project on Potential for the use of compost as a partial substitute for synthetic phosphorus fertilisers in a baby corn cropping system on Vietnam’s Mekong Delta.
- Management of bacterial diseases in tomatoes
- Control of Fusarium wilt in cucumbers
- Investigation of Momordica cochinchinensis (“Gac”) as a new greenhouse fruit crop
- Australian Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology (AIAST) – Member of NSW Division Committee
- NSW Farmers Association – Member of Young Farmer Council; Secretary of Hunter Hawkesbury Horticulture District Council; Member of the Exotic Diseases Committee.
- Royal Agricultural Society (RAS)
- Australian Soil Science Society Inc. (ASSSI)
- International Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS)
Gale DL, Condon JR, Conyers MK, Southwell AS and Guong VT, “Benefits of combining inorganic fertilisers with organic soil amendments” (April 5, 2011), International Symposium on Organic Matter Management and Compost use in Horticulture, National Wine Centre, Adelaide.
Gale DL, Condon JR, Conyers MK, Southwell AS and Guong VT, “Opportunity to increase phosphorus efficiency through co-application of organic amendments with mono-ammonium phosphate (MAP)" (September 29, 2011), 5th World Congress on Conservation Agriculture, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Brisbane.