Members Quick finder:
- Click here for Higher Degree Research Students
Dr Guangdi Li
BAgrSc and MAgrSc (China), PhD (New Zealand)
Position Principal Research Scientist and Adjunct Professor
Location NSW Department of Primary Industries, Wagga Wagga
Phone 02 6938 1930
Fax 02 6938 1809
Dr Guangdi Li graduated from Gansu Agricultural University in 1982 and completed his Master Degree in 1985 in the same university. His PhD study at Massey University focused on response of chicory (Cichorium intybus L.) to defoliation during 1993-1997.
Dr Guangdi Li is a Principal Research Scientist working for NSW Department of Primary Industries since 1997. He has extensive research experience in Australia, China and New Zealand. Over the last 10 years, he published more than 40 refereed journal papers across a wide range of research areas in acid soil management, pasture and crop agronomy, pasture species evaluation, grazing management, animal production, tillage management and soil conservation. He is leading and involved in a number of research projects, including international collaborative projects.
- Facilitating increased on-farm adoption of broadleaf species in crop sequences to improve grain production and profitability (GRDC 2010-2015)
- Developing the role for perennials in mixed-farming systems - Uniform rainfall region (FFI CRC 2008-2014)
- Improved perennial grass cultivars for the inland slopes of the Great Dividing Range (FFI CRC 2008-2014)
- Increasing soil carbon sequestration of NSW agricultural soils by better managing pastures (NSW Government Initiatives 2006-2009)
- Basic research on water resources in inland arid river valley (Chinese Academy of Sciences 2003-2009)
- Improving the productivity and sustainability of rainfed farming system for the Western Loess Plateau of Gansu Province (ACIAR 2000-2006)
- Managing Acid Soils Through Efficient Rotations (long-term experiment, since 1992)
- Adjunct Professor - Charles Sturt University, Australia
- Adjunct Professor – Gansu Agricultural University, China
- Member of Editorial Board for “Sciences in Cold and Arid Regions”, “Ecological Science” and “Grassland and Turf”.
- Australian Society of Soil Science
- Australian Society of Agronomy
- Acid soil management
- Crop and pasture agronomy
- Grazing management
- Pasture species evaluation and improvement
- Farming systems
Chan KY, Conyers M, Li GD, Helyar K, Poile G, Oates A, Barchia I (2011). Soil carbon dynamics under different cropping and pasture management in temperate Australia - Results of three long term experiments. Soil Research 49, 320-328.
Zhou Z-Y, Li F-R, Chen S-K, Zhang H-R, Li GD (2011). Dynamics of vegetation and soil carbon and nitrogen accumulation over 26 years under controlled grazing in a desert shrubland. Plant and Soil 341, 257-268.
Li GD, Singh RP, Brennan JP, Helyar KR (2010). A financial analysis of lime application in a long-term agronomic experiment on the south-western slopes of New South Wales. Crop and Pasture Science 61, 12-23.
Li GD, Nie ZN, Bonython A, Boschma SP, Hayes RC, Craig AD, Lodge GM, Clark B, Dear BS, Smith AB, Harden S, Hughes SJ (2010). Evaluation of chicory cultivars and accessions for forage in south-eastern Australia. Crop and Pasture Science 61, 554-565.
Li GD, Nie ZN, Boschma SP, Dear BS, Lodge GM, Hayes RC, Clark B, Hughes SJ, Humphries AW (2010). Persistence and productivity of Medicago sativa subspecies sativa, caerulea, falcata and varia accessions at three intermittently dry sites in south-eastern Australia. Crop and Pasture Science 61, 645-658.