Charles Sturt University
Charles Sturt University


Take charge of your research with MyResearch Funding opportunities with research scholarships Grow your skills with professional development


Popular topics

How do I add publications and creative works to CRO?

Submission of research outputs for reporting purposes (ROC and ERA) needs to be made either directly through CRO or our online form (an administrator will enter it into CRO on your behalf). Records will then be processed in CRO for public showcasing via the portal and made open access where copyright permits.

View more on this topic...

What do I need to know about publishing my research and where can I get support?

Library Faculty Liaison staff can help you:

  • find metrics information including journal impact factors
  • locate relevant peer reviewed journals in your subject area
  • learn about Excellence in Research Australia (ERA), its implications and implementation
  • find publishers policies with respect to open access, and institutional repository deposit
  • select, modify and create EndNote styles for individual journals
  • use CSU Research Output (CRO) to record and promote your research.

You can also view information regarding quality assurance & peer review information, including predatory publishers.

What is a PhD by Prior Publication?

The PhD by Prior Publication targets established researchers who do not already hold a doctoral level qualification. It provides a mechanism for the formal recognition of standing within a field, on the basis of a significant, historical record of academic publication at doctoral standard. During the program, the candidate must develop a thesis for examination comprising an integrated body of their published work that demonstrates both a capacity for independent research and a significant, original, scholarly contribution to knowledge.

View more on this topic...

Where can I find funding opportunities?

Research Professional is an online database of research funding opportunities and research policy and practice news.  A subscription enables you to search for available content and set up email alerts to stay informed on new funding opportunities and news articles

View more on this topic...

What are operating funds and how can HDR candidates use them?

Operating funds refers to Maintenance/ Resources or Operating allowances or funds for Higher Degree by Research (HDR) and may be made available from the following sources:-

1.1 Externally funded scholarships where the funding body determines the amount to be made available (eg CRC Scholarships), as part of an Australian Postgraduate Award, Industry (APA(i))

1.2 The Research Office provides funding (determined on an annual basis) for Government-funded research students for a maximum period of two years for a FT Masters candidate and three and a half years for a FT Doctoral candidate or their PT equivalent (4 or 7 sessions).

View more on this topic ...

What resources are available to early career researchers?

An online resource has been developed to assist early career researchers who are starting out, which aims to:

  • help clarify your goals & priorities
  • enable you to work more effectively
  • assist you to develop an awareness of strategies that link your teaching and research

View online resource...