What is the Women in Research Network?
The Charles Sturt University Women in Research Network was established to connect women researchers at CSU and facilitate the sharing of information, skills and research experience. Membership of the Network is open to all women at the University who are active, potential, or early career researchers. Members may be academic staff, non-academic staff who have a research interest, research students or postdoctoral fellows.
Why this website?
The purpose of this site is to promote and support women as researchers within Charles Sturt University, by providing links with other women researchers within the university and a forum for sharing information.
What are the objectives of the Network?
- Foster the growth of a research ethos among University women and increase their research profile.
- Provide a forum for presentation of research papers, projects and ideas to enable feedback to be given in a sensitive and supportive manner.
- Promote the sharing of expertise in research through various strategies such as active mentoring and research training.
- Facilitate the provision and exchange of information on research policies, protocols, opportunities and achievements.
- Establish links among women researchers within and outside the University
- Promote activities that encourage women to identify skills and resources to develop their research profiles, including seeking external research funding, and maximising opportunities to enhance their research productivity
- Identify barriers facing women for their research productivity and promotion and provide advice to the University on appropriate staff development programs and other means of supporting women researchers
For more information about the WIR Network please contact:
Manager, Equal Opportunity
Division of Human Resources
Phone: (02) 6338 4555
Internal Extn: 84555