If you have a language background other than English, this subject will help you improve your academic English skills.
Whether you're an undergraduate or postgraduate student, you will have the opportunity to enhance your skills in critical thinking, listening, speaking, reading and writing.
You will study around 40 hours of self-paced online learning. Your subject coordinator will give you support and feedback as you build your skills and confidence in academic writing.
This subject is designed to meet the needs of international students as well as domestic students who have Language Backgrounds Other Than English (LBOTE). It features issues for master's degree level students in particular, though undergraduate students will find many sections useful.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 40 hrs
Subject Coordinator: Phil Edwardes
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Sciences
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Religious Studies