Enhance your academic writing skills with our intensive face-to-face academic writing skills workshop. You will learn the broad academic categories of style and structure, with a focus on complexity and formality, referencing, punctuation, grammar, as well as writing an essay introduction, body, and conclusion.
During our face-to-face weekend workshop you will cover the following topics:
- Formality in academic writing;
- Complexity in academic writing;
- Writing essay introductions and conclusions;
- Writing body paragraphs;
- Integrating sources and paraphrasing; and,
- APA style referencing.
Our workshop provides a valuable opportunity to ask questions and interact with your subject coordinator and other students. We'll provide you with online support and feedback following the workshop.
Please note: From February 2018 onwards, this workshop will be held at United Theological College (UTC), North Parramatta campus. Please see the workshops page for more information.
SSS031 is only delivered as a face-to-face intensive weekend workshop. SSS034 is a variation of this content and is only offered online. You will only need to enrol in one of these subjects as the content is very similar.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|201915||328||SSS031||Academic Writing Skills||Internal||United Theological College||29/10/2018||1/02/2019||3/05/2019|
|201945||223||SSS031||Academic Writing Skills||Internal||United Theological College||18/02/2019||7/06/2019||16/08/2019|
|201975||322||SSS031||Academic Writing Skills||Internal||United Theological College||24/06/2019||20/09/2019||20/12/2019|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hrs
Subject Coordinator: Min Jung Jang
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Sciences
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Religious Studies