Enhance your academic writing skills with our intensive face-to-face academic writing skills workshop. You will learn the broad academic categories of style and structure, with a focus on complexity and formality, referencing, punctuation, grammar, as well as writing an essay introduction, body, and conclusion.
During our face-to-face weekend workshop you will deconstruct exemplar texts and analyse the features of quality academic writing. Build your teamwork skills and confidence as you complete writing activities in groups and individually.
Our workshop provides a valuable opportunity to ask questions and interact with your subject coordinator and other students. We'll provide you with online support and feedback following the workshop.
While all of our workshops are scheduled to be held in Sydney, there will be a venue change after March, 2018. You can find out more information about our intensive weekend workshops (when and where they're held) by visiting our workshops page.
SSS031 is only delivered as a face-to-face intensive weekend workshop. SSS034 is a variation of this content and is only offered online. You will only need to enrol in one of these subjects as the content is very similar.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|201815||328||SSS031||Academic Writing Skills||Internal||United Theological College||30/10/2017||5/01/2018||27/04/2018|
|201845||223||SSS031||Academic Writing Skills||Internal||United Theological College||12/02/2018||9/03/2018||10/08/2018|
|201875||322||SSS031||Academic Writing Skills||Internal||United Theological College||18/06/2018||7/09/2018||14/12/2018|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hrs
Subject Coordinator: Min Jung Jang
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Sciences
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Religious Studies