Note: From June 18th 2018, this subject will be identified for enrolment purposes by a new subject code - SSS067. It may still appear on current printed marketing material as SSS034.
CSU’s essay writing subject will make all those essays you’re going to complete at uni seem like a breeze.
Hone your writing skills as you cover the broad academic categories of style and structure, with a focus on complexity and formality, referencing, punctuation and grammar.
Learn how to write the perfect introduction, body, and conclusion. You will complete short quizzes and deconstruct exemplar texts. Identify and analyse the features of quality academic writing before producing a short practice essay of your own.
The topics you will cover include:
- Complexity in academic writing;
- Writing essay introductions and conclusions;
- Writing body paragraphs;
- Integrating sources and paraphrasing; and,
- APA style referencing.
You will complete around 30 hours of self-paced online learning with the support of your subject coordinator who will give you feedback and help you build your skills and confidence in essay writing.
SSS034/SSS067 is delivered online. SSS031 is a variation of this content and is only delivered as a face-to-face intensive weekend workshop. You only need to enrol in one of these subjects as the content is very similar.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|201915||379||SSS067||Essay Writing Style Structure||Online||Orange||29/10/2018||1/02/2019||3/05/2019|
|201945||263||SSS067||Essay Writing Style Structure||Online||Orange||18/02/2019||7/06/2019||16/08/2019|
|201975||397||SSS067||Essay Writing Style Structure||Online||Orange||24/06/2019||20/09/2019||20/12/2019|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 26 hrs
Subject Coordinator: Kathryn Koromilas
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Sciences
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Religious Studies