Submit an Expression of Interest
You can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for a Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF) project for 2023 funding. Your project will have clear milestones and outcomes.
Before you start
Before you complete your Expression of Interest, you’ll need to:
Plan out if the project is needed chevron_right
- Ensure your proposal isn’t already a way that Charles Sturt University spends SSAF funds or a project under consideration.
- Provide evidence the proposed project is needed by other students and is a priority.
Ensure your idea fits one or more of these 19 areas chevron_right
In the Higher Education Legislation Amendment (Student Services and Amenities) Act 2011, the Australian Government identified the 19 areas in which SSAF can be spent:
- Providing food or drink to students on a campus of the higher education provider
- Supporting a sporting or other recreational activity by students
- Supporting the administration of a club most of whose members are students
- Caring for children of students
- Providing legal services to students
- Promoting the health or welfare of students
- Helping students secure accommodation
- Helping students obtain employment or advice on careers
- Helping students with their financial affairs
- Helping students obtain insurance against personal accidents
- Supporting debating by students
- Providing libraries and reading rooms (other than those provided for academic purposes) for students
- Supporting an artistic activity by students
- Supporting the production and dissemination to students of media whose content is provided by students
- Helping students develop skills for study, by means other than undertaking courses of study in which they are enrolled
- Advising on matters arising under the higher education provider’s rules (however described)
- Advocating students’ interests in matters arising under the higher education provider’s rules (however described)
- Giving students information to help them in their orientation
- Helping meet the specific needs of overseas students relating to their welfare, accommodation and employment.
Seek out tips and support chevron_right
Have a look at the expression of interest (EOI) template for proposal tips and student survey results.
Visit the SSAF webpage for more information about reporting responsibilities and processes for managing SSAF funds.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about completing your proposal.
Steps to submit an Expression of Interest
Prepare your proposal
The Annual Round for all 2023 SSAF funding is now closed. Each year students and staff have the opportunity to submit Expressions of Interest for projects to be ran the following year. A template will be available when the round opens in August.
Submit your completed EOI to email@example.com by the closing date deadline.
All proposers will be notified before the year end to give time for the projects to begin the following year.