You'll need to plan ahead to meet the costs of travel, accommodation and other factors associated with time away from home. Check your course overview and subject outlines to find out if you are required to attend residential schools. For subjects that you are already enrolled in, go to the residential schools dates and venues page.
- Cheaper fares are often available if you book in advance.
- Ask if there are student rates available or use your travel concession.
- Arrange to carpool. Try posting in your subject forum to find others travelling from your area to campus.
- Bookings for on campus residential school accommodation open 6 weeks prior to the start of the residential school period. Discounted early bird bookings are available for the first 3 weeks.
- Check your booking to find out exactly what's included and what costs are involved.
- If you're not able to take leave or study leave from your paid employment to attend residential schools, plan ahead for the loss of income that may be involved.
- Will you need to make any special arrangements, such as additional childcare, at home?