Numeracy, Mathematics and Statistics
From handling money, to weights and measures, and more recently, in data handling in this digital age, we incorporate numeracy skills into everyday life.
You can get advice to improve your maths and statistics skills. This includes how to:
- understand mathematical language
- apply mathematics and statistics processes
- create and interpret tables and graphs.
- understand the output from statistics software
- understand mathematical and statistical concepts.
Attend a workshop
We have a rotation of workshop topics available throughout the year, here are a few examples. Login to your Student Portal to browse and register.
MS Excel Introduction
Build your MS Excel skills. You'll learn how to: use and format cells, create basic formulas, sort data, insert and move columns and rows, filter data and cell referencing.
Enhancing Numeracy (Part 2 of 3): Fractions, Percentages, and Decimals
Understand what the numbers mean in a simple fraction. We'll look at simplification and the basic operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. You'll also learn how to convert between fractions, decimals and percentages.
Enhancing Numeracy (Part 3 of 3): Perimeter, Area, and Volume
Improve your skills for unit conversions for area and volume (such as millimetres to metres) and solving perimeter problems. You'll learn how to understand and apply area, surface area and volume formulas.
Enrol in a short subject (Study Link)
We offer short, online subjects that prepare you for success in your degree. Study Link subjects are FREE for all Australian and New Zealand residents, or holders of a permanent visa.
We have introductory, intermediate and advanced subjects. And a 3 part series to prepare teachers.
Join a forum
Work through our self-paced guides
Maths for Nurses chevron_right
Maths for Teachers chevron_right
- Maths skills quiz PDF File
- Maths Glossary PDF File
- Number: Theories and examples PDF File
- Number exercises PDF File
- Decimals: Theories and examples PDF File
- Decimal exercises PDF File
- Fraction theories and examples PDF File
- Fraction exercises PDF File
- Percentage: Theories and examples PDF File
- Percentage exercises PDF File
- Metric conversion: Theories and examples PDF File
- Metric conversion exercises PDF File
- Measurement: Theories and exercises PDF File
- Measurement exercises PDF File