Numeracy, Mathematics and Statistics
From handling money, to weights and measures, and more recently, in data handling in this digital age, we incorporate numeracy skills into everyday life.
You can get advice to improve your maths and statistics skills. This includes how to:
- understand mathematical language
- apply mathematics and statistics processes
- create and interpret tables and graphs.
- understand the output from statistics software
- understand mathematical and statistical concepts.
Workshops, courses and discussions
Short courses (Study Link) chevron_right
We offer short, online subjects that prepare you for success in your degree. Study Link subjects are FREE for all Australian and New Zealand residents, or holders of a permanent visa.
Talk to an expert chevron_right
Discussion groups and forums chevron_right
Join an online forum with fellow students to discuss and share information about academic writing, essays or other related topics. You can learn from the experience and knowledge of other students.
Forums are monitored daily by Academic Skills Advisers. This will help you get an accurate and timely answer to your question.
Guides and videos
Maths for Nurses chevron_right
Maths for Teachers chevron_right
- Maths skills quiz PDF File
- Maths Glossary PDF File
- Number: Theories and examples PDF File
- Number exercises PDF File
- Decimals: Theories and examples PDF File
- Decimal exercises PDF File
- Fraction theories and examples PDF File
- Fraction exercises PDF File
- Percentage: Theories and examples PDF File
- Percentage exercises PDF File
- Metric conversion: Theories and examples PDF File
- Metric conversion exercises PDF File
- Measurement: Theories and exercises PDF File
- Measurement exercises PDF File
Workshop recordings chevron_right