Find a job
Other places to search
You can search for jobs online by:
- visiting job search sites, such as SEEK or Indeed
- looking at graduate jobs boards, such as GradConnection or GradAustralia
- finding jobs boards for where you live, such as on Evocities to find jobs in NSW regional cities or Jobsearch to find jobs in your area
- checking jobs noticeboards for your industry, such as Government jobs boards, health or creative jobs
- signing up to LinkedIn, joining Facebook employment groups or following job pages on social media
- looking at the Careers or Jobs sections of websites for companies where you’d like to work.
Find jobs through networking
There are lots of job vacancies that are never advertised. These unadvertised jobs are called "the hidden job market". To get these jobs, you’ll need to network with a range of professionals and look work out for jobs at companies in your circle. You’ll also need to work out how to tap into the hidden job market through methods appropriate for your industry.
Here are some suggested ways you can crack the hidden job market:
- put you name down on casual employment lists
- ask about short-term contracts or back-fill jobs at companies you’d like to work for
- follow company social media pages
- asking people in your professional circles if they know about any jobs
- networking with employers and professionals
- approaching businesses directly or cold calling
- get active on LinkedIn
- subscribe to company alerts
- go to Alumni events, conferences and other places where you may meet a prospective employer.