Lost or stolen cards

The first rule of Charles Sturt Card is simple: keep it safe and with you.  But if you do misplace or lose it, here's what you need to do.


Temporarily lock your card if lost or misplaced

If you have misplaced your card, go to the Student Portal and on the "Charles Sturt Card" on the dashboard, lock it. You can go back to the portal and unlock your card if you find it later.

If you decide that the card will not be found, you need to follow the instructions below for replacement cards.

If you lose your card during the weekend or holidays and need to use the Library,  simply present another form of photo ID - driver's license or proof of enrolment and you will be allowed to borrow material until you get a replacement.


Report it to the police if you think it's stolen

You are liable for any losses resulting from unauthorised building entry or transactions, attributable to the fact you delayed reporting that your card has been lost, stolen, or misused.

You'll need to keep a copy of your police incident report handy when you request a card replacement, so you don't need to pay the replacement fee.

Can we help you find what you’re looking for?