Teaching space support
Videoconferencing technology enables classes to be delivered to students located at other campuses.
Joining a videoconference
Videoconferencing teaching spaces will be unlocked before class unless other arrangements have been made. You will need to turn the videoconferencing equipment on (using the touch panel on the lectern) if switched off.
- Pick up the telephone handset located at the front of the videoconference teaching space and dial 84357
- Wait for the selection menu of options to be spoken, then choose 1 for Audio-visual high priority assistance.
- The room number and building number
- Your subject code;
- Your lecturer's name; and
- Detailed description of the problem.
Support that can be provided
There are support staff to assist you if there is a technical problem. They can support you over the phone or in person:
- If the videoconference doesn't start;
- There are problems after the videoconference has started; or
- You're unsure of how to operate the videoconference system.
It may take up to 3 minutes to get a response during support hours. 99% of incidents are resolved in 15 minutes during support hours.