Defer, withdraw or transfer courses

We have various options available to you if you need to take a break from your course. You can also transfer to another course if you're eligible.

Leave of absence

If you need time to deal with things at home, need to work full-time, are starting a family or simply want a break from your studies then you should consider applying for a leave of absence.

Thinking of cancelling

If you're thinking about cancelling your enrolment, have a look at our options to give you a break from study.

Withdraw from a subject

If you need to withdraw from a subject after the Census Date but before grades are released for the session, you can apply for Special Consideration.

Course changes and transfers

Sometimes plans go a different way, industries change or you change your mind. Use this page to learn more about how to make slight changes to your current degree or change to another course.

Can we help you find what you’re looking for?