Leaders and managers program
The Leaders and Managers Program (LAMP) is suitable for emerging and existing leaders and managers at CSU.
About the program
Focused on the higher education sector, this program was developed by the LH Martin Institute in partnership with the Association for Tertiary Education Management (ATEM). It's designed to help leaders and managers develop skills, knowledge and capacities to lead and manage effectively in the rapidly changing tertiary education environment.
There are four online modules in the program, which you'll complete over one year. You'll receive a certificate of completion from CSU after successfully completing the program.
Module 1 – Managing and Developing Self
This module is divided into three sections:
- leading the self
- developing a critical reflective professional practice
- intra-personal intelligence.
Module 2 – Managing and Developing Others
This module is divided into four sections:
- transitioning into a manager role
- inter-personal intelligence
- managing relationships in the workplace
- developing others.
Module 3 – Managing and Developing the Business
This module has three components:
- situating tertiary education management
- thinking and working strategically
- sustaining tertiary education institutions.
These modules cover:
- system governance and coordination
- tertiary educational policy development
- impact of globalisation on tertiary education in Australia
- policy implications of key stakeholders
- identifying opportunities and threats
- maintaining currency.
Module 4 – Understanding the Tertiary Landscape
This is the most theoretical of the LAMP modules, with two main components:
- the history and evolution of Australian tertiary education
- policy processes and outcomes, covering:
- the increasing importance of management and the marketplace
- institutional governance
- institutional and sector diversity
- globalisation and the knowledge economy.
You'll have access to a selection of multimedia and readings. You'll also have opportunities to discuss your study with your peers in the moderated discussion space, and reflect on your learning with a reflective e-journal.
'I think anyone who is working as a team leader or are part of team would benefit from this program. It changes your thinking on how you deal with others and helps you understand why they do the things they do… it also prepares you for the changes that may or may not occur within the university and gives you an insight on the reasoning to why some decisions are made.
I think the real jewel of this program is Jennifer Weller… wow she is so accommodating, goes above and beyond for this program and I found her a pleasure to deal with. Her study and life experiences have inspired me to look at my options for further development.'
How to apply
APPLICATIONS FOR THE LAMP PROGRAM ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
LAMP begins in April each year and places are limited to 20. Expressions of interest for the 2019 program will open in February 2019.
To apply for LAMP, please:
For further information please download the information sheet.
If you have questions, please contact
Joanne St John,
Professional Learning and Development Coordinator,
Division of Human Resources on
(02) 6933 4156 or PDPrograms@csu.edu.au.