We offer all staff and students a subsidised Influenza (flu) vaccination. Australian Vaccine Services (AVS) administer the vaccinations.
Charles Sturt University Flu Vaccination Program 2019
Charles Sturt University values the health and wellbeing of its staff and students and will be offering an influenza vaccination program at the Albury – Wodonga, Bathurst, Orange and Wagga Wagga campuses in 2019.
Staff wishing to participate from other sites such as Canberra, Dubbo, Manly, Parramatta, Port Macquarie and Study Centres are able to register a voucher and attend a Terry White Chemist, please note that the cost of the vaccination is $18.00.
Goulburn staff will be joining the NSW Police program and have been sent details via email.
Charles Sturt University has contracted Australian Vaccine Services to provide onsite influenza vaccinations. A registered nurse will be visiting to administer the vaccines.
The dangers of flu
Infection with the flu virus can make you very unwell for a week or more. Healthy vaccinated adults have half the number of sick days and doctors' visits compared to unvaccinated adults.
Why vaccinations are important
A flu vaccination reduces your chance of becoming ill from the flu. Vaccination also reduces the spread of the influenza virus. This protects staff, students, our families and the wider community.
Making a booking
Albury - Wodonga:
Friday 10 May 2019, 1.00pm to 2:30pm Location: Gordon Beavan Building 673 Room 521
Wednesday 1 May 2019, 11:30am to 1:00pm Location: Staff Development Room 226 Building 1410
Tuesday 7 May 2019, 12:30pm to 2:30pm Location: Staff Development Room 226 Building 1410
Wednesday 8 May 2019, 9:30am to 12:30pm Location: Building 1013 Room 119
Wednesday 8 May 2019, 9:30am to 12:30pm Location: Building 475 Room 115 (Meeting Room 1)
Wednesday 15 May 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am Location: Building 475 Room 115 (Meeting Room 1)
Follow the link https://app.ausvacs.com.au/landing/2019/charles-sturt-university select date at your campus, complete the form including select your desired time slot and select register.
If there are no vacant times available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . We will only be able to consider extending the times available once all of the initial allocated times are filled.
Note: You must pay for your vaccination before your appointment. Please pay at the cashier's office or through the online shop (Other category) https://www.shop.csu.edu.au/ and present your receipt at your appointment. The cost for the vaccination is $18.00.
- Bookings are essential. They close at 4pm the day before the scheduled vaccination.
- Bookings are allocated on a first come, first served basis, so don't delay.
- If you're having the flu vaccine for the first time, you must stay at the clinic for 15 minutes after the vaccination. This will allow vaccination staff to monitor for an adverse reaction.
- You must give vaccination staff your payment receipt and name when you arrive.
- If you're pregnant, please consult your doctor before booking a flu vaccination.
- If you have a chronic illness, please consult your doctor before booking a flu vaccination.
What to bring to your vaccination
- A receipt from the cashier's office or online shop.
- A completed consent form. Spare copies of the consent form will be available for you to complete onsite if you forget.
The flu vaccination costs $18.00. The University has subsidised the remaining cost.
- NSW Health - Cough Etiquette
- NSW Health - Coughs and Sneezes
- Get Your Flu Shot Poster
- NSW Health - Stop Flu A3 Posters
- NSW Health - Whats Your Influence
- NSW Health -Young people posters
If you require any further information, please email Healthyu@csu.edu.au.