Visiting appointments are for people who visit CSU campuses for a specified period to participate in educational, research or collaborative programs. They are generally employees or students of another institution, external research body, professional organisation or business within Australia or abroad.
Terms of appointment
- Visiting appointments are for a specified period of time
- Visiting appointments do not attract a salary of any kind from the University
- International visitors must secure an appropriate visa before their visit
- They may receive a stipend to cover travel and associated expenses
- Visiting titleholders who are employed by another institution cannot normally be paid for work undertaken for the University.
- Obtain a full CV and copy of passport from the potential visiting staff member
- Contact an HR Business Partner to discuss proposed visit dates
- Complete the following forms and email them together with the visitor's CV and passport to the delegated officer for approval:
- The delegated officer is to forward all relevant documentation and forms to email@example.com
- HR will assess the application, determine the required visa and then issue an invitation letter
- A staff number will be allocated and privileges activated following acceptance of the invitation.
Notional appointment fraction
To determine the notional appointment fraction, you need to estimate what percentage of time the appointee will be performing their duties for CSU and if applicable, contributing to the research profile of their discipline and school, whether they are present on campus or not.
This is important as the information is used when fulfilling our reporting requirements for Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) and Sustainable Research Excellence (SRE).
Immigration and visas
All foreign nationals taking up an appointment, or visiting one of the University's campuses in Australia, require immigration visas. HR will assess visiting applications and determine the appropriate visa required. If the visa requires CSU sponsorship, HR will facilitate the visa application on the individual's behalf.
The School/Centre will be responsible for the cost of visa services and sponsorship.
Find out more about Immigration and visas for visiting appointments.