Have your say on work health and safety (WHS) matters through:
- Designated Work Groups (DWGs)
- Elected Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs)
- WHS Committees
Designated Work Groups (DWGs)
Our DWGs are:
- Divisions of Finance, Human Resources, and Information Technology; Office of the Vice Chancellor; and Web Strategy Office
- Faculty of Science
- Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research, Development and Industry)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students)
- Division of Facilities Management and Charles Sturt Campus Services (CSCS).
DWGs facilitate local workplace consultation and elect peers as Health and Safety Representatives.
Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs)
Workers elect HSRs within each DWG. The HSRs have specific legal functions and powers and are responsible for:
- monitoring and improving worker health and safety
- supporting managers with their legal WHS duties.
HSRs can request accredited training to learn more about their legal functions and powers.
There are two WHS committees - one for the north campuses and one for the south campuses.
WHS Committee North represents:
- Sydney Olympic Park
- North Parramatta
- Port Macquarie.
WHS Committee South represents:
- Wagga Wagga
- Albury Wodonga
- Goulburn (consultation will also occur via the NSW Police Academy committee).
The WHS committees:
- provide a forum for WHS consultation
- consider the development, implementation and review of WHS policies and procedures.
All staff can access WHS committee minutes at S:\Common\WHS Committees
WHS issue resolution
You can raise and resolve any WHS issues through the WHS Issue Resolution Process.
WHS Act 2011
The Act provides the framework for ensuring the health and safety of workers in New South Wales.
HS Committee -Membership and Terms of Reference 2016
This document describes the purpose and role of the two WHS committees.
Health and Safety Representatives
Find out more about HSRs, DWGs and how to nominate to be a HSR.
HSR Nomination Form
Use this form to make a HSR nomination.
HSR Duty Statement as at Sept 2016
The duty statement outlines the responsibilities and selection criteria for HSRs.