Workers' compensation

We have clear processes for reporting and managing injuries in the workplace. We ensure injured workers are assigned appropriate duties to support their recovery at work.

Reporting an injury at work

If you are injured at work, you must:

  1. Inform your supervisor immediately.
  2. Complete the Online Incident Report (please attach any medical certificate, accounts, etc). We will advise the insurer (icare).
  3. Contact your Work Health and Safety Adviser (see below) to discuss your injury.
  4. Seek medical treatment, as required.
  5. Get a Certificate of Capacity/Certificate of Fitness.

Note: this procedure includes NSW staff members injured on the way to or from work.


  • Northern campuses: Peta Evans, WHS Adviser (Tel: 633 84036)
  • Southern campuses: Maureen Nunn, WHS Adviser (Tel: 693 32731)
  • Email

More information

Return to Work Program Policy

This policy sets out our rehabilitation and return to work principles for injured CSU staff.

icare NSW

At icare, we deliver world-class insurance and care services to the business, people and communities of NSW.

WorkSafe ACT

WorkSafe ACT enforces the health and safety and workers' compensation laws in the ACT.