You can use these resources to help familiarise yourself with the EDRS.
Resources have been designed for both employees and managers to provide help and guidance with conducting EDRS conversations and include:
- The Guide for academic employees and managers is designed to help employees and managers have EDRS conversations. This guide provides an overview of the system, preparing for EDRS and support tools to assist with the conversation.
- The CSU Capability Framework is a valuable tool to help foster a common language around the desired skills and behaviours for leaders, teams and individuals at CSU.
- The Values in Action is a companion guide to the CSU Capability Framework. It is a set of behaviour statements that have been designed to help influence behaviour, enable decision and create boundaries.
- The Managers Toolkit outlines roles and responsibilities, along with tools and resources to support the EDRS conversation.
- A range of frequently asked questions.
- The reasonable workloads training session facilitated by Michael Kemp outlines Workload Policy Development.
- The EDRS Checklist for Academic Leaders has been developed to support our academic leaders to prepare and ensure a quality EDRS experience.
- The Scholarly reflections in CRO is a guide for supervisors, on how to access CRO to review scholarly activity reflections.
Supporting Documents chevron_right
- Research Plan Template - Academic staff who have a research component to their workload are required to complete and submit a Research Plan to their supervisor prior to the EDRS meeting.
- HDR Supervision - Best Practice Reflection Guide
- A Progress Report for Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) portal is available if you are conducting HDR at CSU. This is part of the academic HDR workload support scheme. The Research Office can provide the final copy to the Head of School for the EDRS conversation.
- For those employees conducting HDR at another institution, an HDR paper-based form needs to be provided to the Head of School for the EDRS conversation.
- Scholarly Objective: The DLT webpage can provide you with information about the Scholarly Environment model, the Scholarly Activity framework, planning your activity and collecting and recording your evidence.
Video Guides chevron_right
These video guides can help all employees navigate the EDRS Manager system and have an effective performance conversation.