As a CSU employee, you may be entitled to various types of leave.

Annual leave

Annual leave is an essential part of working life. It gives you paid time off to relax and recharge.

Personal leave (sick)

You can use personal leave when you're ill or if a member of your immediate family or household requires care due to illness.

Long service leave

Long service leave recognises your continuous service at the University and gives you the opportunity to take a break after an extended period of employment.

Flexible working hours

If you're eligible and have your supervisor's approval, you may accumulate time off for extra hours you work. This is known as 'flexi-time'.

Parental leave

If you're expecting a child through birth or adoption, you may be able to take paid or unpaid parental leave.

Special leave

You can use special leave for a limited range of emergency situations.

Domestic violence leave

You may be entitled to take domestic violence leave when you, or a member of your immediate family, experience domestic violence.

Leave without pay

You may apply for leave without pay for a range of reasons, including family responsibilities or illness.

Purchased leave

Purchased leave can help you achieve a better work/life balance. You may be able to purchase up to four extra weeks of leave.

Study leave

CSU encourages employees to continue their education. If you're completing an approved study program, you may apply for study assistance.

Jury and witness service leave

If you're called as a juror or as a witness in an official capacity, you may be eligible for jury and witness service leave.

Defence Force leave

If you're a member of the Australian Defence Force (ADF), you may be eligible for defence force leave.

Public holidays

Public holidays, Maundy Thursday concessional holiday and the annual close down.