Leaving the University
If you decide to move on from CSU, this is where you'll find information about the relevant notice periods and tasks you need to complete. You can also find transition options if you are looking to retire.
The relevant notice periods are:
- Professional/general staff: 2 weeks
- Academic staff: 3 months (normally to take effect at the end of a teaching session)
- Executive staff: 6 months.
Note: An employee and the University may agree on a shorter notice period.
If you're resigning
- Discuss your intention to resign with your supervisor.
- Complete the Notification of Exit Form.
- With your supervisor, complete the Employee Exits: Checklist for Supervisors.
- The HR Service Centre will notify you when your exit has been accepted. Follow the steps they provide to finalise employment, salary and superannuation entitlements and benefits.
- Complete the CSU Exit Survey. You will receive an email with a link to the online survey. If you don't receive the link within your last week, please contact the HR Service Centre.
- If you wish to arrange an exit interview with your HR Partnerships Manager, you can find their contact details in the letter from the HR Service Centre.
- Send the approved Notification of Exit Form to the HR Service Centre as soon as possible.
- Complete the Employee Exits: Checklist for Supervisors.
If you're retiring
Retirement planning is an important part of your career management strategy. Although compulsory retirement has been abolished, you still need to plan for your eventual separation from the University.
CSU offers many transition to retirement options.