Leaving the University

If you decide to move on from Charles Sturt, this is where you'll find information about the relevant notice periods and tasks you need to complete. You can also find transition options if you are looking to retire.

Notice period

The relevant notice periods are:

  • Professional/General staff: 2 weeks
  • Academic staff: 3 months (normally to take effect at the end of a teaching session)
  • Executive staff: 6 months

Note: An employee and the University may agree on a shorter notice period.

If you're resigning

Employee's responsibilities

  1. Discuss your intention to resign with your supervisor.
  2. Complete the Notification of Exit Form.
    This form is available via our customer service portal.  In the All forms section, select Notification of exit.
  3. With your supervisor, complete the Employee Exits: Checklist for Supervisors.
  4. Employee Services will notify you when your exit has been accepted. Follow the steps they provide to finalise employment, salary and superannuation entitlements and benefits.
  5. Complete the Charles Sturt Exit Survey. You will receive an email with a link to the online survey. If you don't receive the link within your last week, please contact Employee Services.
  6. If you wish to arrange an exit interview with your Partnerships Manager, you can find their contact details in the letter from Employee Services.

Supervisor's responsibilities

  1. Send the approved Notification of Exit Form to Employee Services as soon as possible.
  2. Complete the Employee Exits: Checklist for Supervisors.

If you're retiring

Retirement planning is an important part of your career management strategy and Charles Sturt offers many transition to retirement options. Although compulsory retirement has been abolished, you still need to plan for your eventual separation from the University.