Leadership development for women (LDW)
LDW Steering Committee - Expressions of Interest
If you are interested in becoming a member of the steering committee please submit an EOI form by 31 March 2020.
The Leadership Development for Women Steering Committee aims to:
- Identify issues relating to women and leadership
- Recommend strategies that support women's contributions to leadership within the University
- Design and implement leadership development opportunities for women at the University.
- Women in Leadership Development Steering Committee - EOI form
- Women in Leadership Development Steering Committee - Information Sheet
- Women in Leadership Development Steering Committee - Terms of Reference
Leadership program update
Charles Sturt University’s Internal Capability Strategy is currently being reviewed to plan and introduce leadership development opportunities at all levels.
To assist in the planning process our current leadership courses have been placed on hold for 2020. The planning and development of the Essential Leadership and Management Fundamentals programs is underway and will take place in consultation with Divisions and Portfolios for proposed release in 2021.
We will keep you updated as we progress.
LDW opportunities at Charles Sturt
Leadership Development for Women is a key initiative under Charles Sturt's Workplace Gender Equity Strategy. There are many development opportunities available to women at the University. You could:
- Express your interest in attending development events
- Apply for a grant to run leadership and networking events
- Take part in the Introduction to Leadership for Women program
- Attend the Leadership Development for Women biannually conference
- Take part in activities offered for senior women leaders
- Apply for scholarships
- Connect with a mentor.
For more information about LDW, contact: email@example.com
Our Leadership Development for Women (LDW) program runs biennially in odd years. It can help you build your status, career development and contributions to decision making. To achieve this, we will support you to develop your leadership skills. We also encourage practices that value diversity and actively seek the input and perspective of women.
LDW programs are designed to:
- grow trust
- encourage networking between participants
- build leadership capabilities.
Introduction to Leadership for Women
The Introduction to Leadership for Women Program is run biannually from May to November. Applications will open in February 2021 and close March 2021.
The Introduction to Leadership for Women Program is suitable for current and emerging female leaders at Charles Sturt University. The program is targeted at academic staff (Level A to C) and professional staff (Level 5 to 10) with experience leading and managing people, projects, systems and processes. Applicants must hold a continuing or fixed-term appointment to at least 31 December 2021.
The program focuses on:
- the theory and practice of leading mindfully
- gendered and ethical leadership in the context of personal and professional behaviour.
Participants will study in a supervised and supported group cohort with other staff members.
Applications open 25 February 2019. The selection process is competitive, with 25 places available.
- Download and read the Leadership Development for Women Information & Eligibility sheet.
- Complete the Application Form. Make sure you include a copy of your CV.
- Return all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Leadership Development for Women Conference is held biannually.
The 2018 conference program.
Become a mentor
Leadership Development for Women is looking for mentors to participate in the 2019 Introduction to Leadership for Women Program. We encourage past mentors, past participants and new mentors to apply. Both men and women are welcome.
If you're interested please complete the expression of interest form.
For questions or clarifications, email email@example.com