Starting at the University

Welcome to Charles Sturt! Here you'll find everything you need to know about starting a role at the University.


Induction provides a welcome and overview of the University. You'll learn about Charles Sturt's mission, vision and values as well as all relevant policies and procedures.


You may need to serve a probation period when you start at Charles Sturt. Different probation requirements apply depending on whether you're an academic, professional/general or senior/executive staff member.

Working with children

If you're employed in a child-related area, you need to provide us with a Working With Children Check (WWCC) before you start. You also need to let us know each time it's renewed.