At Charles Sturt, we need to hire the best people to help us achieve our objectives. This page contains information for hiring managers who have a vacancy to fill. From your recruitment consultation, to the University's e-recruitment system, this page will get you started.
How to recruit
The labour market is increasingly competitive and investing time at the beginning of the recruitment process will help us to attract and select the best possible candidate.
When we recruit at Charles Sturt we want to:
- hire the best people to help us achieve our objectives
- make it easier for the best candidates to apply
- help you to select the right people, aligned with our values.
The first steps are to complete a job requisition and book a recruitment consultation.
Prepare for your recruitment consultation
The recruitment consultation is a conversation with a Talent Acquisition Consultant during which time you will develop a recruitment strategy to attract a strong applicant pool for your vacancy or commence the administration of a direct appointment form (if appropriate).
By the end of the consultation, you will have considered the sourcing options that are available. You can then login to our e-recruitment system to raise a job requisition (Recruit or Direct Appointment) for Delegated Officer approval.
Our recruitment system
PageUp is a third-party e-recruitment and onboarding system used by Charles Sturt.
All recruitment for the University is managed through this system and it:
- provides a contemporary look and feel for applicants
- helps you keep track of your recruitment activities
- ensures a smooth transition from recruitment to onboarding
- decreases manual processing and speeds up approval workflows.
Your Talent Acquisition Consultant will coach you through the recruitment process. This includes an introduction to PageUp if required..
- User Guide for Hiring Managers
- Recruitment Requisition in PageUp
- Recruitment Requisition in PageUp for Administration Support Staff
- Shortlisting in PageUp
- Recruitment Advertising Packages
- Supplementary Advertising Options
- Direct Appointment Requisition in Page Up
- Direct Appointment Hiring Manager workflow
If you need further assistance, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team:
- email the Talent Acquisition team via email@example.com
- telephone 02 6338 4884 (ext. 84884 for internal calls) and press #4 for recruitment and applicant enquiries.