Immigration and visas

Visas are required for all foreign nationals taking up an appointment or visiting one of the University's campuses in Australia. Here you will find important information about immigration requirements for staff appointments.

Staff appointments and visas

Australia has many visa options. There are different types of visas available depending on the type of appointment with CSU.

Tourist visas do not meet the Department of Home Affairs requirements for visiting, continuing or fixed-term appointments.

Proof of Residency

We must receive proof of residency status before a person can commence their appointment. This will give the person the right to work in Australia. This includes fixed-term, continuing and casual employees as well as visiting appointments.

When an area hires a casual employee, the supervisor is responsible for obtaining a copy of the person's visa and sending a copy to HR along with the casual employment forms.

More information

You can find the most current information on visas from the Department of Home Affairs.

Continuing employment

Visa information for employees taking up a continuing appointment with CSU.

Fixed-term employment

Visa information for employees taking up a fixed-term appointment with CSU.

Visiting appointments

Visa information for visiting academics including researchers, research students, visiting scholars and other visitors to CSU.