Workers' compensation

We have clear processes for reporting and managing injuries in the workplace. We ensure injured workers are assigned appropriate duties to support their recovery at work.

Reporting an injury at work

If you're injured at work, you must:

  1. Inform your supervisor immediately.
  2. Complete the Online Incident Report (please attach any medical certificate, accounts, etc). We will advise the insurer (icare).
  3. Contact your Work Health and Safety Adviser (see below) to discuss your injury.
  4. Seek medical treatment, as required.
  5. Get a Certificate of Capacity/Certificate of Fitness.


  • Northern campuses: Peta Evans, WHS Adviser (Tel: 633 84036)
  • Southern campuses: Maureen Nunn, WHS Adviser (Tel: 693 32731)
  • Email

More information

Return to Work Program Policy

This policy sets out our rehabilitation and return to work principles for injured CSU staff.

Workers Compensation Information

If you're injured at work, there are steps you should take immediately to make sure your employer can make a claim on your behalf.

WorkSafe ACT

WorkSafe ACT enforces the health and safety and workers' compensation laws in the ACT.