Continue building your grammar skills!
In this second Study Link grammar subject, you’ll learn how to write accurately and avoid common errors in academic writing.
You’ll be able to apply these lessons to understand different learning and assessment tasks at university. You’ll be able to identify and apply the features of effective academic writing and know where to find additional help.
Topics included in this short subject cover:
- applying academic literacy to different types of tasks
- features of effective writing
- finding help and resources
- grammar, university learning tasks and assessment tasks
- introduction to grammar as essential to academic literacy at university
- the role of grammar in communication
As with all of our Study Link preparation subjects, you will access all of your learning materials online, as well as having help and guidance from a dedicated subject coordinator for the duration of your Study Link term!
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
Study material: 14 hours
Subject Coordinator: Alexandra Glencross
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Sciences
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security, Customs and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Islamic studies