Continue your journey in preparing to teach maths!
This is this second preparation subject for students who want to enter the teaching profession. You’ll practise measurement and geometry and expand your numeracy skills.
Building on the knowledge you gained in Prep for Teaching Maths 1 – Number and Algebra, you’ll further your abilities to understand and convey key mathematical models and equations – so your future students will understand them as well!
Topics covered in this subject include:
- perimeters and areas of composite shapes
- perimeters and areas of squares, rectangles, triangles and circles
- right-angled triangle trigonometry, including calculation of angles of elevation and depression
- significant figures, including rounding of calculations using scientific notation
- similar polygons and scale factor
- surface areas of rectangular prisms, including cylinders and triangular prisms.
As with all Study Link preparation subjects, all of your learning content is accessed entirely online, and you will have the support and guidance of a dedicated subject coordinator for the duration of your Study Link term.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|202015||390||SSS069||Prep fpr Teaching Maths 2||Distance||Orange||4/11/19||31/1/20||1/5/20|
|202045||272||SSS069||Prep fpr Teaching Maths 2||Distance||Orange||17/2/20||5/6/20||14/8/20|
|202075||412||SSS069||Prep fpr Teaching Maths 2||Distance||Orange||22/6/20||18/9/20||18/12/20|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 26 hours
Subject Coordinator: To be confirmed
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
The 3 subjects in this Prep for Teaching series i.e. SSS068, SSS069 and SSS070 will provide useful practice for Teacher Education students who need to pass the LANTITE – Numeracy professional pre-employment test.