Looking to take the next step with your intermediate maths skills?
Do you already have some intermediate level mathematics skills, or have you completed Maths Skills 2 – Intermediate A (SSS072) and want to take your learning further? This subject builds on the content covered in Maths Skills – Intermediate A to give you more advanced algebra and problem-solving skills.
Topics covered in this short subject include:
- advanced algebra: expanding special products (perfect squares, difference of two squares), factorising using common factors, factorising quadratic trinomials, solving complex equations including powers and simultaneous equations
- concept of a function, linear and non-linear functions, including graphing techniques
- exponentials and logarithms
- word problems that involve the setting up and solving of a linear equation or a pair of simultaneous linear equations.
As with all Study Link subjects, all of your learning materials are presented online, and you'll have ongoing access to a dedicated subject coordinator for the duration of your Study Link term!
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|202015||394||SSS073||Maths Skills 2-Intermediate B||Distance||Orange||4/11/19||31/1/20||1/5/20|
|202045||275||SSS073||Maths Skills 2-Intermediate B||Distance||Orange||17/2/20||5/6/20||14/8/20|
|202075||416||SSS073||Maths Skills 2-Intermediate B||Distance||Orange||22/6/20||18/9/20||18/12/20|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hrs
Subject Coordinator: To be confirmed
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Any tertiary course that requires Intermediate level Maths knowledge
- Maths MTH105 if you are a first year student at Charles Sturt University with this subject choice. You can check your course details in the Online Course Brochure section of the University website