- complex word problems that involve the setting up and solving of equations
- differentiation: definition, product, quotient, chain rules, derivatives of polynomials, common functions, exponential and log functions
- integration: definition, integrating simple polynomial functions
- simple curve sketching: how to find maxima, minima and intercepts
- simple plane geometry
Are you looking to take the final step in preparing yourself for advanced maths?
As with Maths Skills 3 - Advanced 'A', this subject is ideal if you’re enrolled in a mathematics-based course such as engineering or computer science that requires strong maths knowledge, including calculus. You can choose to complete either advanced maths subject depending on your individual needs or you can complete both to round out your advanced maths skills.
Topics covered in this final maths subject include:
As with all of our Study Link preparation subjects, all of your learning materials are accessed entirely online, and you will have access to a dedicated subject coordinator for help and guidance throughout your Study Link term.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|202115||396||SSS075||Maths Skills 3 - Advanced B||Distance||Online||2/11/20||29/1/21||30/4/21|
|202145||277||SSS075||Maths Skills 3 - Advanced B||Distance||Online||15/2/21||4/6/21||13/8/21|
|202175||418||SSS075||Maths Skills 3 - Advanced B||Distance||Online||21/6/21||17/9/21||17/12/21|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hours
Subject Coordinator: To be confirmed
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Any tertiary course that requires Advanced level Maths knowledge, including calculus
- Maths MTH101 if you are a first year at Charles Sturt University with this subjects choice. You can check your course details in the Online Course Brochure section of the University website