The ideal first step in your university studies!
If it’s been a while since you’ve studied or you’re not familiar with online study, this is the course to get you up to speed.
You’ll discover how university study works, what you’ll be expected to do, and learn the skills you need to step into your university course with confidence. From learning online to preparing assignments, this is the ideal first step on your university journey.
Topics covered in this preparation subject include:
- academic expectations and university culture
- academic literacy and language
- effective assessment preparation
- information literacy
- online learning skills and processes
- organising yourself and your time
- reading and interpreting information
- teaching and learning at university
- theoretical, critical and reflective thinking
- university structure and support systems
As with all Study Link subjects, all of your learning materials will be accessed online and you will have ongoing support and guidance from your subject coordinator for the duration of your Study Link term.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|202115||407||SSS086||Transition to Uni Study||Distance||Online||2/11/20||29/1/21||30/4/21|
|202145||288||SSS086||Transition to Uni Study||Distance||Online||15/2/21||4/6/21||13/8/21|
|202175||429||SSS086||Transition to Uni Study||Distance||Online||21/6/21||17/9/21||17/12/21|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hrs
Subject Coordinator: Roy Sanders
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Science
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security, Customs and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Islamic Studies