Continue developing your essay writing skills!
This second subject in our Essay Writing series will develop your writing skills by focusing on the structure of essays. You’ll learn how to write introductions, paragraphs and conclusions, while also learning about the function and purpose of APA referencing. This will be applied in examples, online practice activities and short online tests that give you feedback to build your confidence and skills.
If you would like to pull all of your essay writing skills together, we recommend that after completing this subject you progress to Essay Writing 3 – Putting it into Practice.
Topics covered in this short subject include:
- introduction to structuring and writing essays
- the function and purpose of referencing
- writing essay introductions, body paragraphs and conclusions.
As with all Study Link subjects, all of your learning materials are accessed completely online, and for help and guidance, you'll have ongoing access to a dedicated subject coordinator for the duration of your Study Link term.
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
|202115||399||SSS078||Essay Writing 2 - Structure||Distance||Online||2/11/20||29/1/21||30/4/21|
|202145||280||SSS078||Essay Writing 2 - Structure||Distance||Online||15/2/21||4/6/21||13/8/21|
|202175||421||SSS078||Essay Writing 2 - Structure||Distance||Online||21/6/21||17/9/21||17/12/21|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hrs
Subject Coordinator: Melissa Lupprian
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Sciences
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security, Customs and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Islamic studies