Put what you've learnt into practice!
This third subject in Study Link's Essay Writing series gives you the opportunity to use the skills you’ve learned in Essay Writing 1 - Style and Essay Writing 2 - Structure. The weekend workshop for Academic Writing Skills is also appropriate background for this subject.
You’ll learn about key aspects of essay writing, including planning and structures, conventions of academic writing, the role of referencing and where to seek additional help.
You’ll produce a short practice essay, with targeted guidance and feedback from your subject coordinator, and learn how to interpret and use that feedback in positive ways to develop your essay writing.
Topics included in this subject cover:
- conventions of academic writing
- finding resources to support further development
- introduction to structuring and writing. essays
- planning and structuring a text based on research
- responding to feedback
- the purpose of referencing
As with all Study Link subjects, you will access all of your learning materials online, and have access to a dedicated subject coordinator for the duration of your Study Link term!
|Session||CRN||Subject code||Subject name||Mode||Campus/Location||Term begins||Application closing date||Term ends|
Please note: You can start any time to suit you between Term start date and the close of applications.
Study material: 14 hours
Subject Coordinator: Melissa Lupprian
This subject will be useful if you're studying:
- Agricultural and Wine Sciences
- Allied Health and Pharmacy
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Communication and Creative Industries
- Environmental Science and Outdoor Recreation
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Humanities, Social Work and Human Services
- Information and Library Studies
- Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics
- Medical Science and Dentistry
- Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health
- Policing, Law, Security, Customs and Emergency Management
- Teaching and Education
- Theology and Islamic studies