Experience the Topic Tree
Do you want to get a real feel for what it’s like to be a Charles Sturt engineering student? Here’s the good news – we are opening up sections of the Topic Tree to prospective students so you can! Our engineering Topic Tree – Prospective Student Branch will help prepare you for your future as a Charles Sturt student engineer.
Get a head start on your degree
Topics you complete within the Topic Tree – Prospective Student Branch will be credited to you when you begin your journey with us, so you can start ahead of the rest. What better way to start uni than with a solid foundation in the material you’ll be studying under your belt?
To start climbing our Topic Tree
- Asked your parents' permission (those under 18 only).
Below is a list of topics you can complete within the Topic Tree – Prospective Student Branch.
- Engineering measurements and calculations
- Introduction to fluid mechanics
- Introduction to environmental engineering
- Introduction to water treatment
- Basic water chemistry
- Nutrient cycles
- Atomic structure, Interatomic Bonding and the Structure of Crystalline Solids
- Mechanical Properties of Metal
- Introduction to Soil Mechanics
- The Earth and Geological History
- Drilling and Sampling
- Introduction to Rock Mechanics