This subject will provide a critical understanding of the concepts and practice of organisational learning with a focus on leading professional learning communities in work related environments. There will be a specific emphasis on organisational learning in educational settings. Organisational learning is described as a commitment by an organisation to facilitate structural, and cultural changes which privilege formal and informal learning in order to achieve specific goals. Students will identify the practices that contribute to and inhibit organisational learning, and will develop a plan that creates or further develops the professional learning community within their particular setting.
School of Teacher Education
- Theories of organisational learning.
- Analysing organisational learning processes.
- Organisational learning as a new management practice.
- Barriers to organisational learning.
- Organisational learning and its relationship with work-related education and training.
- Developing organisational learning within an organisation with a particular emphasis on the school setting or other work contexts appropriate to the student
The following table summarises the assessment tasks for the online offering of EEL510 in Session 3 2020. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated and can also differ to suit the mode of study (online or on campus).
The information contained in the CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: May 2021. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.